I Am Ridiculous

If you had seen how excited I was when I was packing these lunch boxes, well, I’d be embarrassed. Because this is ridiculous, I know.

(Hey, go read A Whole New Mind. This is about design and play, people.)

Good Man’s Lunch

My Breakfast and Part of Lunch
A hard-boiled egg was added later.

Lunch

Full Pig

The Tupperware part of my pig flips upside down to fit inside the bottom of the pig, making it pack up smaller if I wish. It can be a one- or two-tier lunch box. Good Man’s is the same way. Those four pull-out cups fit in that large tray, which sits on another tray of the same size, making his a one- or two-tier box, as well.

What prompted the sudden cuteness of lunch boxes? I’m sick of telling Good Man, “There are four servings of spaghetti in that pot, eat only one for lunch” and coming home to find two servings left. This messes up my whole menu/cooking/lunch/dinner system. I also realized that if I leave him to eat fruit with lunch (or breakfast) on his own, he won’t. If I stick a pear or a peeled orange in front of him, though, he’ll eat it. No problem.

Tonight I asked, “Do I need to pack your lunch of one of those bento boxes to get you to eat?”

I was mostly joking, but his eyes lit up, followed by a passionate, “I am not Japanese! Not bento! 도시락통!”

OK, doshiraktong it is.

But I will never punch happy faces in his gim. Hearts, maybe…

One thought on “I Am Ridiculous

1. Comment from: Robbin [Member] Email
    *shock* Those are TOO cute!!!!!!!!
    01/12/09 @ 23:02

Comment from: Diana [Visitor] · http://storysinger81.blogspot.com/
    OH MY GOD. that thing is about the cutest thing EVER. i want! I NEED.
    01/13/09 @ 02:10

Comment from: william [Visitor] · http://psycho5728.wordpress.com/
    those pigs are really cute. where did you get them? korea?
    01/13/09 @ 02:25

We got these boxes at HMart, which is a Korean grocery store in the area. I am sure you could find similar things in Korea, but these were made in Japan.

We also bought a snack-sized one for Good Man to bring to school. ㅋㅋㅋ It has one of those nonsensical English phrases of it and it comes with a carrying case. Ha ha!
    01/13/09 @ 06:04

Comment from: Gori Girl [Visitor] · http://gorigirl.com
    Wow – you put me to shame in the lunch department. I’m normally lucky if I remember to grab a frozen LeanCuisine on the way out of the door.
    01/13/09 @ 09:10

Comment from: Lunalil [Visitor] · http://lunalil.com
    Aww your lunchboxes are adorable. I was still packing bento before vacation – but I’m slacking up uploading my pictures. Plus I completely stopped posting about them.

I have however promised SO that I will make bento/doshirak for him when I come home. ^^
    01/30/09 @ 21:00