Note to Korean Drama Watchers

Dear Korean Drama Watchers From That Knitting Site I Spend Too Much Time On:

Korean men are not like the ones on TV. The same is true in your home country, in case you didn’t notice.

Korean women are not like the ones on TV. The same is true in your home country, in case you didn’t notice.

If you don’t know 한글, you can not even begin to claim that you “know Korean.”

One thought on “Note to Korean Drama Watchers

1. Comment from: HL [Visitor]
    Dear God, I hope so. I’m getting really angry at certain parts of “Life is Beautiful” (and I’m only on episode 7).
    02/19/11 @ 13:41

Comment from: Helena [Visitor] · http://wedoitthehardway.blogspot.com/
    I will admit to morbid curiosity. (About the knitting site, that is.)
    02/20/11 @ 16:40

Comment from: admin [Member]
    It’s called Ravelry and there’s are all kinds of subgroups. I really should leave the K-drama subgroup, because the people on it make me crazy.
    02/20/11 @ 17:10

Comment from: Helena [Visitor] · http://wedoitthehardway.blogspot.com/
    Ah! I signed up for Ravelry but I’m hardly ever on there.
    02/20/11 @ 19:57

Comment from: admin [Member]
    It’s a massive time suck and to be frank, I’m not even sure why I spend so much time there.
    02/20/11 @ 20:08

Comment from: 비. [Visitor]
    Ugh. I had mostly forgotten about those who seek to learn Korean without learning 한글… can you come up with a better indicator of disinterest/frivolousness in learning a language?

On the other hand, if your interest in Korean was limited to watching dramas…

*shudder*
    02/24/11 @ 07:30

Comment from: admin [Member]
    Well, if your main dream in life is to be swept off of your feet by some rude rich boy who’ll try to compete with you in a ramyeon eating contest… I guess you’d be interested in learning Korean. So long as you don’t need to actually learn the alphabet. Or both counting systems. Or…
    03/01/11 @ 00:36