So I wanted to dress up a bit for Good Man’s (work) holiday party. I ran across the Burda Draped Dress pattern from the December 2012 issue and knew it would be perfect!
Burda Draped Dress
I managed to trace and adjust the pattern, make a muslin and readjust it, and sew the whole thing up in under two weeks. That’s a record for me, and I am really happy with how it turned out!
I bought some wool gabardine to use, but ended up using “aged” stash fabric. I used brown micosuede that I bought at Joann’s a million years ago. I didn’t have enough, so I used olive green for the facings and shortened the sleeve. I also made some fitting adjustments.
I really like this dress! I felt really comfortable in it when I wore it to Good Man’s holiday party, and I got a lot of compliments on it at Mark and his Lover’s party this weekend.
I highly recommend this dress pattern!