Stashbusting: Containters

I didn’t intend to sew various containers with the same fabrics, but I did, making a nice set and using up 3 yards of fabric. (Only 21 yards left to reach my goal!)

First, I made a messenger bag for Good Man. I used navy cotton duck leftover from Dad’s jeans quilt. I lined it with some bright neon green circuit fabric. I thought I’d make boxers from the fabric, but it didn’t soften up much when washed.

S2358

This is pattern S2358. It is an OK pattern but ended up sort of floppy. I changed the pattern a bit, adding rings instead of sewing the webbing on directly.

Webbing

Lining

I also bad a trash bag using the same fabric as well as an old vinyl bag that once held sheets.

Trash Bag

Finally, I made a (very large) lunch bag for Good Man. It is huge but easily holds a Mr or Ms Bento and closes with an elastic loop and button. I like that the contents will be hidden!

Lunch Bag

Large Bag

2 thoughts on “Stashbusting: Containters

  1. I am loving that circuit fabric! I had the same problem with floppiness when I made a messenger bag…some sturdy interfacing might be in order next time!

    • I actually used a really heavy weight sew in interfacing and it is still floppy. I think it is the fact that the bottom of the bag is curved.

Comments are closed.